Wednesday 18 November 2009

'Myspring It' Review

I have recently purchased 'Myspring Its' online and can safely say I love this product. This is by no means the first review of the product. If you 'youtube' the product you will find several makeup gurus raving about them (that is where I got the notion to buy some). They work just like threading but is SO MUCH quicker and easier to do yourself.

So if you know anything about threading, it is when you use thread/string to pull out facial hair rather than individually plucking them with tweasers. It is great if you want to get rid of baby or fine hair that tweasers usually cannot get a grip of. The good thing about it is that you are essentially removing the hair from the roots and therefore should not come back as thick as when shaving. The problem with threading is that it can be hard to master and takes a bit of effort to get use to doing on yourself.


My review:

  • The product design: cute pink handles on each end of the coil. Just longer than the length from your middle finger to wrist
  • The ease of use: a bit of getting use to at the beginning but it doesn't take you long at all once you get started. Then it is just a breeze. You need to hold each end (pink handle) and bend the coil so it is an upside down 'U'. Then twist the handle outwards (please see picture below)
  • The price: some gurus on youtube mention the MySpring IT website which sells it for around US$15.99 each or 2 for $26.99 BUT I found a cheaper version on ebay. So don't pay premium price for what I think is the same product! I got mine from an ebayer called 'net.top' for GBP£0.99 plus $2.99 postage for 5 Myspring Its!!
  • The Pros: It is faster if you are no expert at threading and great for larger areas. It is also a no brainer. You can just twist away while watching TV. Ideal for larger facial areas like upper lip or chin or even face if you want it.
  • The Cons: because of the shape of the product it is not as precise as threading or using tweezers. So it will be hard to get close in under the eyebrows.




To get an idea of how to use the tool imagine that you are holding it and your twisting away from your face and outwards from the centre



I hope this is helpful for those that want to find an alternative to threading and plucking or just want to give it a go. For the price you are getting on Ebay there is no reason not to try it out. Please let me know if you do give it a go and your feedback on it :)

6 comments:

  1. I tried this stuff and loved it! =)
    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you got 5 for that price? Wow thanks!! My sisters been wanting these!! I'm glad I found your sire =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem I couldn't believe the price difference and how cheap it was. I got 5 but I will probably send some to my sisters as that is plenty for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for following my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...i was debating on buying these, but after looking at your review I'M CONVINCED.

    It seems like a much EASIER alternative.

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im soo happy I found this!
    Id been searching for an alternative to tweezing
    Its great that you posted about it :-)

    Jess
    http://roughandpreetyedges.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...