Saturday 24 October 2009

Gosh Darling

Ok so I finally got my hands on the Gosh Darling lipstick that everyone has been going on about. I first got introduced to it on lollipop26's channel and have been wanting to get it ever since. But every time I remember to look for it in Superdrug it's always sold out... until yesterday. My first thoughts of it on me was... Oh no I so don't suit it! I'm not use to nude lips. I've always thought that it washed me out or made me look ill so I never really went for nude shades but convinced myself that maybe it will work this time. I love the look of nude lips on people. I just need to find the right shade for me perhaps? I do love the consistency of Darling though. It doesn't make my lips feel dry and flake and it feels moisterising. Well maybe I can apply the smallest amount so it still mixes in with my lip colour and doesn't look like I'm wearing concealer over my lips.

From my observation and experience I think that nude lips suits those that are paler skin best. And also you need thin to medium lips. I have quite big lips so it's just like a big blob on my face! Another thing is my lips are super pigmented naturally so it's hard to cover it up properly without it looking weird. So disappointed in myself for not suiting it! Hopefully I can find a way to make it work.

Here are some pictures of me trying to make it work...


And this is with some Barry M Lip Gloss on...



So slightly better with the gloss? I think I need to work on it a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...